Katie Ewald and Joseph Pilates
With a background in professional dance, Katie came to Pilates out of a deep appreciation for the potential of the human body. For thirteen years, alongside her study of the Pilates method, she was rehearsing and touring across Canada and Europe. In 2007 she suffered a substantial dance-related injury, and experienced, first-hand, the rehabilitative power of Pilates. This intensified her passion to help others on their own journey towards greater mobility and freedom from chronic physical pain. Now living and teaching in beautiful Guelph, Ontario she spends her energy helping people transform their discomfort into pain and feel like themselves again!
Through her dance training she has had the privilege of studying many physical techniques, including Franklin, Yoga, Skinner Releasing, Klein and Alexander, which inform her one-on-one and group classes.
- BFA Contemporary Dance, Concordia University, Montreal
- First Cycle Graduate, Performing Arts Research Training Studios, Brussles
- Equipment Intensive (Reformer, Cadillac, Chair), Body Harmonics, Toronto
- Pilates on the Reformer, Structural Studies Institute, Montreal
- Rehab Through Pilates, Core Basics, Montreal
- Pilates on the Mat, Structural Studies Institute, Montreal